So, I was at a pub a few nights ago with some friends, and I saw Cute Bartender from Edi House there. And... he was wearing a purple UW sweatshirt! So I thought, okay, maybe he's just an American who somehow got a job at Edi House. But I heard him talking to someone and he had an Italian accent. I am very perplexed. I was going to ask him about it, but didn't get a chance because we left. Next time I'm at the restaurant, I'll ask. Speaking of the Pacific Northwest, the weather here this weekend was all cloudy and rainy. I actually really liked it, because it made me think of winters at home, where I'd just stay at home and curl up and read in front of a fire. Awesome.
I was reading ee cummings yesterday, and was thinking about what a genius he is. I loved reading his poems in Mr. Eckelburg's class. I finally finished Great Expectations yesterday, too. I haven't had much time lately. I must say, I was disappointed with the ending, both of them. The original and the revised endings were both pretty lame. Which was weird, because I loved the rest of the novel. Oh well.
I thought with the bad weather, the mosquitos would have died out. But no. They're back with a vengeance. The other day, I got viciously attacked, and now my right arm and face are covered. Not cool. Persistant little buggers, they are.
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment