When I got back from the Perugia chocolate festival yesterday, my hands were sticky and I had a slightly nauseuous feeling in the pit of my stomach. On the bus ride there, there was a couple sitting in front of me that kept making out. A little weird, but whatever. Until the guy put his seat back. We didn't have much leg room anyway, I had about a centimeter. And then he put the seat back. So I had literally no room. At all. Diana whispered to me "that was kind of a jackass thing to do" and I think he heard her, because he put it back up. I was like, Thank God. But then... 10 minutes later, he puts it back one notch. 1 minute later, another notch. And so on. Like I wouldn't notice! Come on buddy, really.
Going to the festival, I had some high expectations. I believe I was envisioning something from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, chocolate rivers and waterfalls, oompa loompas dancing around, you know. Normal chocolate imaginings. When we got there, it was more like Disneyland. And not because of the rides. There were SO MANY PEOPLE. It was absolutely packed. We could not even move, it took us literally 20 minutes to get out of a mob at one point. There were rows and rows of people selling chocolate. It was Insanity. Note the capital I. The mobs were especially brutal around the chocolate sculptures (and yes, they were making sculptures out of chocolate. It was Amazing.) I was literally smushed between children and adults in various stages of dirtiness, with chocolate facepaint on their cheeks and gooey chocolate messes on their hands. It was all I could do to keep my clothes clean. They were giving away the chocolate shavings, and Craig pushed his way to the front. With much elbow throwing and swearing in Italian (just kidding :), he finally got a bag of the stuff. It was pretty darn good, I must say. So we definately ate lots of chocolate, but I did not eat as much as I had been expecting to eat. With is great, because I would be an obese woman right now if I had.
The bus ride home was fun. Nick and I switched iPods and had some fun with that. And then I found the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack on his iPod and it was all over. We promptly launched into a massive discussion on our obsession with the musical, and the movie, and how the movie almost did justice to the musical. Almost. It was great. So we sang some duets, the usual, you know. And I had Phantom of the Opera stuck in my head the rest of the night.
Saturday night was really fun too. After a day of studying, a bunch of us went out to dinner. Let me describe just how awkward it was. We met up with some of my friends, and this guy James, who had brought some of HIS friends. From West Africa. None of us knew them, and he didn't sit by them, so wasn't talking to them, and we were all just like, uhh, why aren't you sitting next to your friends, because none of us know them? It was so weird. But they were really chill guys, very nice and friendly. I had an A-mazing pear, honey, and cheese salad. It was great. And the waiter knew one of the guys from W. Africa (Samba was his name), so he brought us a round of limoncellos afterwards, on the house. That was my first experience with limoncello...Kind of gross, I'm not gonna lie. But okay, overall.
After that, we all went to Space Electronica, a discoteca by the arno. It was pretty fun, and it was funny, because when I walked in, I saw the massive face from Becka's pictures. I guess she frequents that place too. I had some fun watching the Italian dancers. The dancefloor was Packed, and it was all Italian or American guys. There were approximately 13 girls there. Ha ha. But it was still really fun. Mary and Gabs would have been proud of me dancing. We even danced up on some wierd block thing. And don't worry mom and dad, no drugs or ruffies were involved. And no racy dancing either, all ball-room style, with "space for the holy spirit," as Ms. Mendez liked to say. Besides, I had some boy friends with me, so I was safe from the Italians. (And Jeff, don't worry, there's a space up there) So I had lots of fun. And Diana and I had a nice chat walking home. All in all, a very good weekend.
So nowwww, to the midterms. I have Creative Writing today, which I don't think should be too bad. After midterms this week, I'm going to Pompei! Hopefully. Which will be awesome, as I've wanted to go there ever since we learned about it in Latin class in 6th grade. Okay, I really have to study, and this is probably boring by now.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment