25 October 2005

chianti classico

I had to walk down the street a ways to buy a poster-size paper for my LAC presentation tomorrow. I got to Florence Copy right as they were shutting up for siesta. I was like, Posso comprare una... grande pagina? I totally blanked on the word for poster board. They all just stared at me, and then they all started talking, asking eachother (I'm sure) what the heck I wanted. And then the younger guy goes "You want a big paper?" And I'm like, Si!! Mi dispiace! Grazie mille! I think I said that about 8 million times as they went back in and got a fatty paper thing for me. They thought I was crazy, I think. Do Italians not make posters here? What is the deal with that? On my way back, an Italian guy saluted me with his wine glass, which I thought was humorous. The streets here are so cool, they have much more character than the streets at home. With their huge doorknobs planted right in the middle of the door, and the green, shuttered windows, I always walk down the streets expecting Roberto Begnini to pop out and say "Buongiorno, Principessa!" Ah, I can dream.
I got my second midterm back today. Definately got an A on my 20th Century Europe test. No need to congratulate, don't worry. I am just happy I passed, that was when I was just starting to come down with the cold... It was the massive nose-blowing stage, I believe, and I went through about 347 kleenex during that midterm. Still, I'm awesome... :) ha ha just kidding.
We watched the most ridonculous movie today in Italian (as Ashley would say). It was called "My Name is Tino," and it was so weird. It had the girl from The Notebook in it! Craaaazy. It was in Italian, and we watched it with Italian subtitles. Kind of tough to understand at times, but it was just weird weird weird anyway, so it didn't really matter. I do not recommend it.
Anyway, that's about it for now... I don't want to write anymore. Oh wait, one more thing. I got my registration time and it is for 4:40 pm on the 9th of November... SCU time. Florence time, that is 1:40 am. Lame, huh? So I have to make someone register for me. Not cool. They definately do not make registering easy for abroad students.

No comments: