27 August 2005

pickpockets

Today, woke up and got some breakfast after a much needed sleep. Couldn't really fall asleep well last night, because my lungs and nose were clogged, but what can ya do. I then walked back to the city center and went into the Museo di Storia della Scienza, the Museum of the History of Science. It was actually really neat, although everything was written in Italian. I saw a bunch of cool stuff, including:
  • Pascal's calculating machine
  • Michaelangelo's compass
  • The Middle Finger of Galileo's right hand (ha!!! It was funny)

And just a bunch of random stuff of Galileo's, including his telescopes. I also saw some models of eyeballs, that reminded me of the ones my dad always had in his office when I was little, and some really neat old globes, both terrestial and celestial. Very cool. I then went to the Duomo, where I waited in line forever! There were two brothers from Venezuela in front of me, Réné and Thomas, and we talked for a while. They were really nice, and it was nice to talk to have someone to talk to again. I even made Thomas take my picture on top of Il Duomo. I then went down to Il Museo dell'Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore, right behind Il Duomo. That was awesome, because I saw the Piéta, which was amazing. Also the original doors to the Baptistry were in there. Very cool stuff. I was walking back to the Uffizi when I passed two guys. The first said, you don't need those sunglasses on, your eyes are beautiful. The second said, you don't need the pants either. Oh Italian guys.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you remember the eyeball models in my office. What an amazing museum that must be!