I am not happy... There are people smoking weed in our room. Okay, not exactly IN the room, but on the balcony right outside, and holding their nasty cigarettes and blunts into the room, where the smoke billows and pools as I try to sit peacefully on my bed to write postcards. But no. They have to smoke their disgusting crap and ruin my lungs. They are closing up already, I can feel it. Technically their not in the room, though, so I can't do anything about it. Which sucks. I hate this city, where weed is legal. If they ever, EVER legalize marijuana in the states, I am protesting. Hunger strike, chaining myself to the White House gates, I don't care what it takes. This is just gross...And no, mom, I'm not partaking, as appalled as you were at that last post.
Earlier we checked out of our boat hostel and walked over to the new one, Stayokay Vondelpark, which is much nicer than the first (excluding the damn Spaniards who smoke ALL DAY in the room. No joke, they were there at 4 when we checked in too). There are actually rooms, though, and running water in the rooms, and outlets. So that's nice. We left our stuff in lockers, because we couldn't check in until 2, and then walked to the Anne Frank House. It was actually really neat, I loved being there, and seeing everything. Some of the rooms were larger than I thought they'd be, but I couldn't even imagine being cramped in there with 7 other people for as long as she was, creeping around during the day because there was a working warehouse downstairs. It gave me goosebumps, walking up into the bookcase-hidden doorway that they used. Very cool. After that, we walked to another museum, the Amsterdam Historisch Museum, where we got into free because we had the Museum Cards. It was neat, much like all the other museums we've visited, but I love that stuff, all the history, so it was nice. There were some amazing paintings, as well, which I loved looking at. It made me want to break out my watercolors and paint. Ha. So that was neat. Other than that, just kind of wandered around today. Looked at wooden shoes in the souvenir shops, and tulip bulbs, and nasty postcards with genitals on them. Gross. Anyway, have to go, no more time on the computer.
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment