Hello from Firenze. I'll make this post brief, as I've been up since 3:45 am this morning to make my 6 am flight, and didn't sleep much the night before. Needless to say, I'm pretty incoherent right now. Got into London yesterday and could use my phone again, much to my happiness. Talked to my mom, dad, and Jeff, all of which made my day, so that was nice. Also found out that my computer is screwed, so I can't use it. Which sucks, I don't really want to deal with that right now. Got up Early, caught my flights on Alitalia, and, after a mishap at the airport, got into Florence. The taxi was Expensive, but I had a nice, if broken, conversation with the driver in Italiano. So that was fun, practicing my nonexistant Italian skills. It mostly consisted of, "How are you, it is hot, Florence is nice, I'm a student studying through Syracuse University," etc. on my part, with him chattering on and on. I probably misinterpreted half of what he said, but oh well, I tried. Checked into the hotel, then wandered up to the Ponte Vecchio. The walk along the river was really nice, with beautiful houses lining the street and river, and the Ponte Vecchio is really cool. All the stores on it are Jewellry stores, though, and I have no money, but it was fun to look. Then i walked up and found the Uffizi and Il Duomo, which was impressive. Have just been wandering around, taking everything in. Got some Chocolate gelato and promptly spilled a drop on my jeans, but eh. Tried to find a phone store, but it's not really working. Anyway, I should go, and stop babbling. But I'm finally here! :)
Arrivederci
2 comments:
Was the chocolate on your pants as bad as the Nathan-Dairy Queen experience years ago?
Ha ha, I don't think anything could be as bad as some of the spills Nathan as encountered
Post a Comment