Well, let's see, I should probably get everyone up to date on what's happened the past two days. Tuesday we woke up after sleeping in the sketchy warehouse hostel. Then, we packed up, checked out, and wandered around Kobenhavn for a long long time. We walked to the Museum of Danish resistance, during th second world war, which was really really interesting. I love learning about that stuff, especially about people being smuggle across to Sweden. Then, we walked across town and went to the Danish national history museum. That was also fun, learned about the Vikings, saw lots of graves and skeletons, gold bangles that were left in bogs as offerings, etc. etc. It went up to present day, and it was interesting learning about the Danes. I also saw the numismatic collection, which I absolutely loved .I know, I'm a huge nerd. So then we just wandered around, then eventually ended up at the airport. Early, as usual. I read some from The Life of Pi, which is good so far. I recommend it. That and Kite Runner. So we waited forever for our flight to Berlin, and then it was delayed. We finally got on the plane, after some psycho Americans felt they had to be FIRST on the plane, and pushed past the passengers with small children to get on before them, and then, as we were sitting on the runway, the power went out. That made me feel really safe and comfortable. But we made it to Berlin, and it took us about an hour to get to our hostel, as it is in Dunelm, a really posh neighborhood in the suburbs of West Berlin. The hostel is really nice, though. Very friendly, and I can't complain about free internet access.
Today, we got up late, which was nice. I slept the best I have since I've left Durham. Ha ha. Then, we got into the city center using the amazing European public transportation, and took a walking tour of the city. It was really cool, and informative. Saw lots of old buildings, where the Berlin wall was, where Hitler committed suicide, etc. etc. I loved it, and I love Berlin. I want to learn German and move here now. Ha. So that was fun, met some cool people. We signed up for the pub crawl that that tour group does, and went on that tonight. There were some really neat people. Met lots of Australian girls and guys, and some british guys. Really cool people. Everyone is travelling for a Long time! I couldn't believe it! I'm glad that I'll be settling in Italy soon, Im kind of tired of living out of a backpack already. Ha. OH well. Anyway, I should go, and this keyboard is really annoying. So, yeah... Will hopefully update soon.
Cheers,
Galen
No comments:
Post a Comment