11 August 2005

black and white

Well, I'm essentially done at Durham. I turned in my final painting at the end of class, and turned in my History papers to O'Keefe yesterday before our farewell dinner. It felt really good to get everything done with, it was nice. The dinner was great too. Cocktails before, when I had a really good chat with Father McKevitt and Father Tollini. The dinner was good, and before desert Professor Rooks displayed our paintings at one of the tables. It was fun to see everyones. However, today when we got our final projects' grades, it wasn't so good. Rooks is a REALLY tough grader, Nick got an 80, and his painting was amazing. Diana's was really good too, and she got a C! Ridiculous!!! I don't understand. I did well, so I'm not complaining, but I honestly don't understand how he grades, because mine wasn't nearly as good as theirs. Oh well. After the dinner, we went to the St. Cuth's bar for the last time. It was sad, Graham left this morning, and I probably won't see Iain again. Graham gave me his Cuth's tie, which I loved, so I wore it last night. That was fun. Today I've just been hanging out, it's nice not having anything to worry about (as summer SHOULD be...). I did laundry, was in A Midsummer Night's Dream, which was really fun, and have been packing up all my stuff. People keep coming in and out of the computer lab, saying goodbye. :( *tear* Ha ha. It is sad, though, the time here has gone by so quickly. It's crazy. I'm really excited for Chris and my whirlwind trip around Europe (Copenhagen, Malmo and Helsingborg, Sweden, Berlin, Maastricht, Rotterdam, and Amsterdam Netherlands, and London again, then I'm off to Italia), but I really am missing everyone. I can't wait to get back to Santa Clara and see everyone again. Eh, oh well, soon enough. Florence will be a blast, I can't believe I'm starting school in three weeks! Ah! Well, I don't know how long it will be until I have internet access, so au revoir for now...
Cheers

No comments: