I can feel this European slash Italian experience already beginning to wreck havoc on my poor little self-esteem. I avoid eye contact and try to look as invisible as I can...Just blend in with the background, that is my goal now. All because of the damn Italian men. I hate them, and am so glad that the US has better guys than that. Well... some of them. At least one. But still, I honestly hate walking places, because they all yell at you, or honk at you, or whatever. I've noticed that the married old men who are with their wives in their cars will actually flash their lights at you, so their wives don't know. Ridiculous. And then when they drive by, they stare you down. It's not really a stare, it's more of an "I'd like to get you alone in one of the dark alleys"glare. It's really scary. The trick is, though, that you have to find a balance: be as inconspicuous as possible, but, when/if they notice you, you have to be as strong and manly as possible, so they know that you're tough and not to mess with you. As in, I have keys in my pocket and know how to slash your face open with them. That's the look I try to give off. Now I know why all the Italian girls are anorexically thin: If they get as small as humanly possible, then the guys won't notice them and get harassed.
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment