17 February 2011

I'm Out

Well, I'm off. We're taking a long weekend and going to Seattle for, you guessed it! Wedding fun. Huzzah!

Yes, this is the joy of planning long-distance weddings: ridiculously short, crammed trips that attempt to get everything done at once. Awesome. Want to see our schedule? We start at 7:45am on Friday.

Friday
Hair and makeup for e-shoot. Yes, I am spoiling myself. I don't want to look like crap. Sue me.
E-shoot. This is what I'm dealing with, people. Cue panic mode.


First dress fitting. Eeek!!
Cake tasting 1
Cake tasting 2. Can we discuss how excited I am to have a platter of cupcakes served to me? Thank God my dress fitting is BEFORE.


Wine tasting with my awesome aunt. She and my mom bought a bunch of the wines that my venue serves, so we're going over to their house to taste them and figure out which wines we like best.

Saturday
Meeting with coordinator at the STC to do a tasting, plan some stuff. Not really sure. But I get more food!

Sunday
Bridesmaid dress shopping. So excited to spend time with my favorite gals!
Meeting with Day-of Coordinator. Hopefully she can tell me how to plan my wedding.


Obviously, Friday is our busiest day. I am dreading it, and looking forward to it at the same time. I think one issue that I am really having with this long-distance planning thing is that I am a control freak, and need to be involved in everything myself, rather than relying on other people to deal with it for me.

Ultimately, though, this all just means that I will have tons of wedding stuff to share when I get back (yay)!

Did you have to plan a long-distance wedding? How did you handle the distance? Did you make lots of trips home, or rely on a few trips here and there?

.cheers.

No comments: