Yes, this is my wedding palette. It has evolved slightly since I first started the whole wedding planning process but, in essence, it has remained the same. I went into this thinking I wanted 'purple' and 'green.' Clearly, I was not versed in the world of wedding planning. Oh, I need to choose different shades? That makes sense.
Now, I think that this color combination can be a bit tricky and, when done incorrectly, possibly downright ghastly. But, when done right, it is beautiful.
I think that my additions of the light greys and silvers, the ivory, and the different shades of purple help to mellow the contrast a bit. For some reason, when I first pictured 'purple' and 'green,' I imagined a field of lavender in the setting sun, and I think (hope) that the above palette achieves that feel. Like this one. Swoon. Don't you just want to roll around in it?
{source}
I had originally thought to add some sort of rusty orange, but I don't think that is working as well anymore, particularly with our venue (think: lots of deep, foresty greens). I am okay with that. I think. I am a bit worried that my palette is a maybe a little...bland? Not sure. I do love it, though!
If you have planned/ are planning a wedding, how did your palette evolve over time? Was it due to your decisions, or things beyond your control? (ie venue decor/ colors) Did you choose your palette based on your venue?


No comments:
Post a Comment