Let's be honest, I was slightly terrified of our engagement shoot. Don't get me wrong, I am obsessed with our amazing photographer, and had absolutely no doubt in my mind that she would take gorgeous pictures of Mr. Candy Apple and me but, frankly, I don't photograph well. I mean, I don't consider myself hideous by any means, but for some reason, photographs of me just never end up turning out how I would like them. My smile can be semi-awkward, too. Forced, I guess. Turns out that those millions of pictures my family took of me when I was little didn't prepare me for the camera. And forced canoodling? As fun as that sounds, I thought I was going to feel a bit out of my element having someone photograph us interacting in public.
Then, there was also the issue of what to wear. I had my mind set on wearing an adorable dress, because I love dresses: they're comfortable, cute, and I wear them all the time. Turns out I had to rethink since our e-shoot was in the middle of February. In seattle. Hey, at least wasn't in Princeton, where it was 10 degrees the weekend of the shoot, but it was still cold! So yeah, a dress wouldn't really be appropriate. Sigh
So, no more dress. I culled through my closet (what the hell, why don't I have any clothes? I need to go shopping), did some searching around online for e-shoot outfit suggestions (because clearly I can't dress myself), and decided on this
If you have had an e-shoot, or any other type of photography shoot, what did you do to prepare? Any suggestions on clothes/ styling? Pearls of wisdom on how to act natural?

No comments:
Post a Comment