10 June 2005

Primroses

Sometimes I really love being alone. Maybe I'm just the biggest nerd ever, but it's really nice to just have a day or two to yourself. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my friends. There's just something about diving into a good book, or writing a few pages of a short story, etc. It puts me at peace, and helps me calm down.

Today I walked all over San Francisco; I've started practicing for Europe, where I will be walking Everywhere... I walked along the waterfront towards the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a little windy out, with the sailboats bobbing in the harbor like toy boats in a bathtub. I love the smell of eucalyptus trees; there were a bunch of them along the path, and they smelled so good. I went to the big orange dome, and there was all this really cool architecture: cool columns and carvings, and it made me that much more excited for Italy, where I'll see ancient ruins all the time. There were some gozzlings (how do you spell that??) and swans on the path and swimming in the ponds too, like a storybook or Disneyland or something. Very pretty. So I wandered around there for a while, and then walked back to my dad's ritzy neighborhood where I poked into a few of the boutiques there. I was going to get some stuff, but I just could not justify buying a tanktop for $315. It's just a scrap of material, I could make it myself for about $5, as tempting as it was to get. Got a Noah's bagel and some soup for dinner. I'm so boring. It's nice having a place to myself though...And it's Very nice to be done with school. I only have one grade up so far, and, just to show you how weird teachers are, it was from the class that I had my LAST final in... Teachers are such slackers, honestly. Got a solid A in that class, so it's looking good so far. Anyway, I'm off to do some more reading. (How do I even have friends?)
Ciao

No comments: