23 December 2005

seatown

I know that everyone has been getting impatient, waiting for me to update my blog (Ashley), so I figured that I may as well, since I have access to a computer.

Yes, I did pay 150 euro for oversized baggage on my flight from Florence to Paris. Apparently, only International flights allow you to carry a semester's worth of stuff home... So, I was only allowed 20 kg of luggage... TOTAL. I had 45. Great. Oh well. I finally got into Le Mesnil Amelot after my taxi experience (I hate my taxi driver, whoever he was... He drove me in the completely opposite direction, and took a million hours when my hotel was 5 minutes from the airport). Hung out, walked around the town and watched tv in French, and ate some good French food from the local boulangerie.

On Saturday, I FINALLY made it homeee! Mom, Dad, Claire, Alissa, and Lauren were waiting for me at the airport.. It was amazing. It's good to be home, back in the states, back in Seattle, although I do miss everyone from Florence. It's raining (of course), and grey, but I love it.

Yesterday, I went into the Asthma and Allergy specialist and got all tested. I had 24 pinpricks on my two lower arms, and then ten on my left upper arm. I had markings and numbers all over me; I looked like I was scheduled for plastic surgery or something... You know how I hate my forearm-fat. So... I am allergic to:
  1. Dust mites
  2. Cats
  3. Dogs
  4. Molds
  5. Alders
  6. Maples
  7. Lambs quart. (a weed? Not really sure what that is)

Soo... yeah, that kind of sucks, and I've been having terrible reactions since I've been home. Oh well, I'll live for another few days.

Mostly, I've been sick (from lack of sleep? Not really sure) and allergic, so haven't really felt up to much, but went to Cait's, and it was great seeing everyone, and Brynn's bridal shower was tonight, which was really fun. I can't believe she's getting married... Wow... Scary.. :) Ha ha don't worry dad (or Jeff).

Okay, I'm out. Sorry this post is boring. Just thought I'd get some stuff out there...

Ciao!

No comments: