01 December 2005

Apollonia Madizza

Well, I had my LAC presentation today, which went fine. Although Prof. Luchetti did interrupt me halfway through to ask a question, causing a 5 minute discussion involving the whole class (oftentimes our presentations will turn out like this, no biggie). The subject? Mullets. She didn't know what a mullet was. We had to patiently explain to her the hairstyle that every single youth seems to have over here in Europe, especially Spain. She claimed that no one has a mullet. Is she kidding? Every other young person I see has one. Ridiculous. We even somehow translated the phrase, "Business in the front, party in the back." But other than that, it was fine. She actually wasn't too brutal, which was a nice change.
On a slightly more pathetic note, I watched The Ring in Italian last night with Orsejda. Possibly one of the scariest movies ever, although I am a wimp when it comes to scary movies. I like the thinking scary movies... You know, the ones where you have to figure things out and stuff. But movies like The Ring just scare the heck out of me. I had my ears plugged half the time. Awful.. I'm terrible, I know. I do want to see The Saw, though.. :) Jeff? When we get back? K, it's a deal. It's just a good thing that the phone didn't ring, because I probably would have peed my pants.
Now, I am working on my third (LAST!) annotated bibliography for The History of Witchcraft! Awesome. Here's a little to-do list of things I need to do before I leave (because I love t0-do lists so much...) :

  1. Write Annotated Bibliography for Witchcraft
  2. Write 1st Witchcraft take-home final paper (Due by Monday the 12th)
  3. Write 2nd Witchcraft take-home final paper (Due by Monday the 12th)
  4. Edit and turn in 6th "Going Home" submission, as well as any other poems I want to be edited
  5. Do take-home Creative Writing final (due Friday the 9th)
  6. Study for Italian Quiz on Tuesday (I KNOW, who gives a quiz the week before finals?! Elena e pazzo!)
  7. Do Italian review worksheets
  8. Study for 20th Century Europe final
  9. Take 20th Century Europe Final (Tuesday the 13th, 3:15-5:15)
  10. Study for Italian final
  11. Take Italian Written and Oral final (Wednesday the 14th, Oral- 8:30 am, Written- 11:00 am)
  12. Get 20 Euro deposit back from Library (by Wednesday at 4pm)
  13. Get 30 Euro deposit back for key (by Wednesday at 5pm)
  14. Do some Christmas shopping
  15. Get all of Marzia's recipes

(Red=Done)

So, yeeeah... not too bad. I was so psyched when I saw the announcements for those deposits! Awesome... I had wondered where some of my money had gone in the beginning of the year. I also just heard tell that Paperback Exchange will be closed starting the 4th until after we leave, so I will NOT be able to sell my books back... Darn it. Oh well, I'll live. Okay, time to get back to work... And tomorrow... Pompeii!! I just hope Amanda doesn't have some crazed tape-worm living in her (her stomache has been hurting)... Because then I would be sad, and she wouldn't come with us... Lame...

Au Revoir, mes amies... (man, I've forgotten all of my French. Is that right?)

No comments: