11 December 2005

advent

I had pretty much completely forgotten that it was advent. Wow. I feel so out of the loop here, it is ridiculous. I miss lighting the candles on the wreath!

Today, Nick, Craig, and I went to the Duomo for mass. It was beautiful, and really cool to hear mass in the Duomo! Didn't really understand a lot of it, because it was in Italian, but it was still nice to go. I've missed it. It was neat, they were all decked out in their purple advent vestments. One of the priests was like, everyone, come closer! So we all sat right next to the altar. And if I got bored, I could just look up and see Michaelangelo's dome. It was pretty sweet. I don't think dad would have fallen asleep at that mass. It was too cold to, anyway. I was pretty freezing. I could not feel my feet, nor my hands, by the time I got home. Seattle is going to feel warm, I think...

Anyway, I can't believe I only have 4 more days here... at least all my Christmas shopping is done. And I got a Firenze seal! Awesome.

Ciao

No comments: