16 November 2005

angels

All of Florence is now swathed in Christmas garlands and decorations. Angels are peeking out from store windows, which are covered in a thin layer of frost. I can't believe it. It is the middle of November, and already Christmas stuff is all over the place. It is worse than the U.S., I guess because they don't have the buffer holiday of Thanksgiving to commercialize between Fall and Christmas. Oh well. It was kind of nice, walking back from Oliver Twist last night at the Odeon and seeing all of the Christmas trees in the windows lit up. It's funny, though, because although Italy is a Catholic country (they have the Pope, for crying out loud), no one goes to church. Oh Italy.
I still can't believe I only have a month left! A day less than a month, actually. Marzia mentioned it today while her and I were eating dinner (Orsejda was working on a paper). It made me kind of sad. Jonathan called me today to make sure I was still going to Barcelona... Of Course!!! Silly Jonathan. I can't wait to see him, and Spain. Never been there before, I'll have to be sure to get a stamp on ye olde passport. Did I mention that we got a stamp in Switzerland? I don't think they usually stamp passports when you take the train, we didn't really go through customs (although they keep your passport overnight). However, we wanted a stamp, so, in Lauterbrunnen, we went up to this random guy who was working in the train station and asked him if he could stamp the passports. So, he did. It was great. Much cooler than my Forli stamp. Anyway, I have all my pictures up on my kodakgallery site. Finally. Aaaand, I need to search for flights to Paris... They are so expensive. Blah
Ciao
Ps c'mon people, leave me some love. i get no comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you,
Yea they're already starting with the Christmas stuff here too. Oh by the way, there are some pretty bad pictures of me on your album site. I was going to give the link to my parents and then I was like... ummm maybe not. Anyway I love you.
-Me

galen said...

Jeff! I have not talked to you forever. Dang you, you bum. Ha ha my parents saw allll your lovely pictures. So ha. And besides, I think your mom has seen pictures like that before... MLK party?

Anonymous said...

Galen, I think you've been living in the dark. Christmas starts in Seattle in October, sometimes the retailers wait until just after Halloween. Trust me, after working in University Village for so long, I know these things.