Well, yesterday we got our housing assignments. I am with Marzia Cimbri, who is a single woman, 47, who is a hairdresser. Well, sort of. From what I understood of what she was saying, she only does that for her friends, or good acquaintances, or something, because she does it in her apartment! She lives on the top floor of her building, and we had to lug our suitcases up a million flights of stairs, because there was no elevator. It was very tough, especially in Florence's stiffling heat. I think I sweated about 8 tons of water. Is sweated even a word? I Sweat 8 tons? I don't know. Anyway, so we got up there, and the apartment is nice, but Tiny. Orsejda, my roommate from Albania (but who goes to Northwestern) and I are crammed into a small room, with one small closet and one small set of drawers. And let me tell you, she brought SO MUCH STUFF. I think she brought Guess' entire line of spring and fall clothing.
We had a nice dinner at 7:30. I didn't want to be the picky brat from America who doesn't eat anything, so I went into the kitchen with the list they gave us of foods to work out with our moms, and was like, (in Italian of course) the only thing I won't eat is veal. She lifts up her pot and says, This veal? I was like, uuuuh... But she had made spaghetti too, so I just ate that. Ha ha oh well. It was really good, and after, she went out to a movie with some friends, which I thought was kind of weird, but Orsejda and I went to get gelato at this AMAZING gelateria. Very good, I must say. I couldn't really sleep last night, because our room was SO HOT, and we were on the street side of a Busy street, so it was really loud. And this morning I woke up with around 8 mosquito bites. But it's okay, because I registered for all my classes and got all the ones I want, and we finally got computer access here.
But I'm headed downtown with Ashley, Ashley, and Kristen to get owned buying books. I just heard that the gas prices are INSANE in the states because of the New Orleans ports flooding. $3 as the national average?! Is this true? Anyone?
Ciao
ps I really want pancakes right now. I am craving them. Although Italian food is amazing
1 comment:
Don't know if you had heard about the severity of Hurricane Katrina from news reports over there, but it's really bad. And gas IS insane. Going up and up and seems to never want to stop.
Post a Comment