Durham is an amazing little town. The people are friendly and helpful, as evidenced by the numerous elderly men who came up to us after the special Evensong commemorative service for the end of WWII to tell us that it is nice to see young people going to mass. The service was beautiful, with the choir boys and their little angel voices. All the pomp and circumstance of the ceremony was fun to watch, but I did not enjoy standing up and sitting down every 8 seconds. The cathedral is awesome too, and it was nice just looking around during the service. It's so strange to me that something can be so old. I like imagining what it would have been like had I gone in there 300 years ago. Probably much the same. We have a tour of the cathedral today, which should be really interesting.
Yesterday, AJ, who's a hardcore cross-country runner, made me go on another run with him and Chris. I was fine until the huge hill, I really was. But then my asthma kicked in and I just couldn't get enough air in my lungs. It frustrates me so much, not being able to breathe like that. I felt so bad because Chris and AJ stopped and I felt all out of shape and fat and I just get so mad. So I'm going on a run later today by myself, just because I can. Stupid lungs.
I think later today we're going to rent some boats and go boating on the river Wear. It's going to be so fun, and beautiful! Chris was talking about racing them, so we'll see what happens with that. Anyway, I need to go take a shower.
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment