Well, here I am in Paris, typing on a weird computer that I keep messing up on because everything is all different and switched around. We got in around noon today, Paris time, which was around 4am Seattle time. Needless to say, the flight was long and I never sleep well on planes. So I got some reading done for Durham and watched a few movies. Robots was actually better than I expected; it had quite a few hilarious parts that I actually chuckled out loud at. I don't think the man next to me was amused. Anyway, so I had fun checking the map aspect of the video screen periodically. We flew over some random places in Canada with crazy names.
I love being here. The whole culture is amazing, and I absolutely adore the French language. It's so beautiful when people speak it. It's funny, though, when I hear Asian tourists asking French people something in broken English. Why this amuses me is because it used to be French that was the international language, learned by all the kings and queens and courtiers, etc., and now it's English. Funny how things work out. Speaking of history, while I'm waxing historical anyway, I love the oldness of everything here. Yeah, America has history, of course, and I love it, but here, everything is so OLD. I just imagine the barricades going up in the revolutions of 1848, and when I stood on where the Bastille once was, I got goosebumps. Which is amazing, because it is freaking HOT here. I feel like I'm in the Sahara. We walked ALLLL over the city today, tromping over penis-shaped balloons and everything. And went on the metro. The only bad thing about this city is that 1. everyone smokes, and 2 everyone SMELLS. Awful b.o. Gross. Oh well, anyway, I have to go. I'm using the common computer in our hotel, and there are a million business men waiting for it. Will update later. :) Miss everyone!
Au Revoir
No comments:
Post a Comment