31 July 2005

biffy

http://galendenali.shutterfly.com
That's the webpage for my pictures, I'm finally getting some online... Go there... Do it, do it...:)

Stratford this weekend was very pretty and scenic, and it was neat seeing everything relating to Shakespeare. I love reading and watching and performing Shakespeare, he is amazing. However, the town itself was incredibly boring. We saw two plays, Thomas More, which was interesting but tedious, and A Midsummer Night's Dream, which I loved. It was amazing, very good acting and scenery, interpretation, etc. It was great, very well done. It was fun getting dressed up too. That was friday night. On Saturday, we took the tour bus around. We saw where Shakespeare was born, grew up, where his wife lived, and where he's buried. Then, the tour man started talking about how "there's lots of sandstone here, and they used some of the sandstone from here in building at Oxford and Cambridge..." and then went off about sheep and grass. That's when we knew there was nothing to see in Stratford. It was terrible. We went to the grave of Shakespeare, which was neat, but every single high-schooler from Italy was mobbing in Stratford that day, and half of them mobbed into the church whhen we went there. They were sacreligious, tromping over gravestones and taking pictures on them, and shouting etc. in the church; very disrespectful. They were smelly and rude, and I can wait to go to Italy... Oh well, I hate it when groups mob. After that (this was around 10 30 in the morning, we had decided to get up early and see the "sights"... Silly us), we shopped around for a while, then decided to get lunch. We went up to the roof, thinking how pleasant it would be to eat pizza in the fresh air. It started to sprinkle, and we were like, hm, there's atable with a huge umbrella, we can sit under that and stay dry. And we did stay dry. God literally opened the clouds and it was like Noah's flood all over again. We were in a tiny little square of dryness, with torrential rain pouring down around us. The waitress dashed up through the buckets pouring down, and is like, there are seats downstairs, you can go down there, your food is ready, and we're like, nope, we're fine. So Amy went down with her and carried an umbrella over the food as she brought it up. It is people like us that give American travellers a bad name. She glared as us, I got a picture. It was great. After that, we went back to the riverbank and drank and hung out, talking about life, etc. Nick and Chris peed in the river, too... For shame. Then, we took out a motorboat along the river... We had 6 people in the boat, and it literally putt-putted along at .2 miles per hour. I don't know how many kilometres per hour, but it's not very much, I assure you. Chris crashed us into the branches of a weeping willow, and one of the branches got stuck in the motor, but everything worked out. We went to Thomas More that night, and I was incredibly bored, and today we had a 5 hour bus ride back on a smelly bus. There was awful ventilation, so it smelled like the Biffies at Camp Don Bosco... Ahh, the good old days of summer camp... Good stuff. It's nice being back here in Durham.
Cheers

No comments: