I read today in the paper that they're attempting to ban over-the-counter inhalers, such as Primatene, that contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) because they harm the ozone layer. I'm sorry, did I miss something? We're now going to try to ban inhalers that people use to breathe, often because they can't get a prescription and/or don't have health insurance, because they harm the ozone layer? Since when are we so concerned about the ozone layer that we will ban INHALERS? It seems to me that is like putting on one of those teeny weeny bandaids when you've cut off your finger. How can people still drive around in their huge SUVs, wasting gas, or say that they're going to drill in Alaska, or keep dumping pollutants in rivers, etc. etc. etc. etc., but we're banning inhalers? I think that the government needs to get some priorities straightened out really quickly.
Oh, and I also read that people were sueing James Frey, the author of A Million Little Pieces, because he alledgedly embellished in the story. They're sueing him for, what was the phrase, "the lost value of the readers' time." Please. That's why it's literature buddy, it's supposed to be embellished. If you sued every time you felt you were due for lost time, I would be rich. Next thing you know, people are going to be sueing for traffic jams. Honestly, what is the world coming to?
2 comments:
Interesting about James Frey. I am reading that book right now and it's pretty intense...there are some parts that I have to just skip over (dentist...ew!!!).
Perhaps we should stick Bush in AMWAR with an inhaler and Frey's book so that he can think more clearly about what he's doing?
Post a Comment