After I was ready and Mr. CA was ready, it was time for our first look! There wasn't really much discussion between us about the first look - we decided it was the best option since we didn't want photographs to eat into too much of the cocktail hour or reception. Also, I thought it would calm my nerves a bit to be able to spend some time together before I had to walk in high heels and a poufy dress in front of a bajillion people. Okay, so only 115, but it seemed like a bajillion.
Mr. CA, looking dapper. Apparently I took a bit longer than expected to get ready, so he was standing out there for a little while. HA! Sorry, babe. Story of our lives.
Mr. CA: Okay, you told me she would be here. WTF is taking so long??
Ahhh, finally. I was so, so excited! And nervous that he would hate my dress. Can you see the trepidation in my eyes!?

Well, hello there! Fancy seeing you here. Are you waiting for someone?
Mr. CA: Whoa!
Me: Is it too poufy?!
Mr. CA: No. You look amazing.
Me: Are you sure? Because I was really worried that you would think it was too poufy and weird.
Mr. CA: Shut up and kiss me.
I really thought I would cry during our first look. I mean, I cry looking at other people's first looks, and watching anyone say their wedding vows, and when the father walks the daughter down the aisle, and during reception toasts. Basically, I cry at anything wedding-related. So I just knew I would cry during our first look. And let me tell you, I have an ugly cry face.
But I didn't. I didn't cry at all the entire day! I think I was just so happy and excited that there was no room for tears, even happy ones. Nothing in me but love and happiness that day.
Love this one.
After our first look, Sarah and Chris grabbed us to go take some couple shots. As we were headed over to a spot by the water, they grabbed a few more shots of us. I don't know why, but I just love these shots of Mr. CA and I. We couldn't stop looking at each other and giggling. Well, I couldn't stop giggling. It was just like when we got engaged. I couldn't believe that the day was finally here!!
Me: You are going to be my husband in a little over an hour!
Did you do a first look or did you wait to see your beloved until the altar/ceremony? Anyone else not cry at all on their wedding day?
Recaps commenced. Sort of.
I got over my dress regret.
I got over my dress regret.
We made it official. Legally.
I stressed out big time.
We did some last-minute prep.
We rehearsed.
Our wedding day arrived!
**All photography by Sarah Rhoads Photography unless otherwise noted**











No comments:
Post a Comment