I have decided that I have only seen one cat the entire time I've been in Boston. Is that strange? Maybe I'm used to Seattle, where the cats roam freely in herds down the sidewalks. Okay, that's an exaggeration. Obviously, cats are more solo creatures than dogs. But still, I usually can't walk outside in the summer without stumbling over some cat lazing about in the shade of a maple tree. So why is there only one cat in this city? Methinks that Jeff's mention of a YouTube video of a man chucking cats off a cliff may have something to do with it...
And how could I not start off with the most exciting event of the night? Who knows
Last night, I went out for drinks with Nick and Craig, from my Syracuse program in Firenze. We went to this fun little hole in the wall place; Tiger Lily? Or something. It was attached to a Malaysian food place, and they serve these massive chalices (chali? what is the plural of chalice?) of some sort of concoction of alcohol and juice. The flavors were: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black. And they were good. Anyway, so we were coming home, and our entire street, which is somewhat of a main thoroughfare, was blocked off by a police car and a fire truck. Which was odd. So I turned onto our street, and the entire street was LIT UP with flashing red lights. Mind you, this was around 1:30 am, so this was no small feat. There were literally 8 firetrucks outside my building, with one of them having its ladder extended up onto the roof. WTF mate?!? So, of course, I freaked out and thought Jeff was lying inside the apartment dead, and that all of our things had been burnt to a husk (ie my computer). I called Jeff, and he was like, hm, it smells like smoke.
Apparently, some idiot had left some kind of pan with plastic handles on in the oven, with the oven on. So, the firemen literally had to axe down their door. Who knows why they needed all those firetrucks, but whatever. Our apartment still smells all disgusting and smoky. Yuck. But at least we're both find and there was no damage. At least, not for us. The door of apartment 13 is a different story...
Cheers
1 comment:
See! Exciting things do happen around you :)
Regarding the cats, I think that they all migrated to Hawaii. I just read an article that said there were 800,000 cats on this island. Human population is around 160,000.
Yeah.
Let's hope that they don't start an army.
Post a Comment