26 February 2008

the office and philosophy

Well, nothing new and exciting here, but I realized that I have not posted in a very very long time.

Yesterday, I got to send a book to the Mayor of Scranton, who provided an endorsement of one of the books on my philosophy list, The Office and Philosophy. Pretty sweet, although it would have been way better if I could have sent it to Steve Carrell or Jenna Fischer or something.

Half-heartedly looking at History M.A. programs; right now, Brown is looking like the best option. Who knows, though, really.

Right now, all I want to do is travel. It's kind of a problem. I just sit here all day planning trips to Cappadoccia, Madagascar, Easter Island, Bhutan, Norway, Iceland, Antarctica, the Maldives, etc. etc. etc. It makes me want to try out for the Amazing Race, but sadly, no one wants to be my partner. It also makes me want to get a sweet Digital SLR camera so I can take close-ups of New Zealand Birds of Paradise and Victoria Falls at sunrise. *sigh*

On a separate note, I woke myself up this morning by poking myself in the eye. I then proceeded to freak out, thinking that I had blinded myself. Turns out it was just dark out.

Even stranger, as Jeff and I were walking in search of frames for my posters last week (frames are so dang expensive!), I was like, hmm, that tall man looks like Erik Knechtel. Low and behold, I looked him up on facebook, and apparently he is living in Cambridge, a few blocks from our apartment! Such a small world. I think we're getting together on Friday.

Meanwhile, I will continue to be obsessed with cameras, The Office, and travel.

Ciao

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see that you're posting again...I love reading your blog :) I would totally be your partner for the Amazing Race, but I bet that Alissa would be even better (especially since she speaks so many languages). Just keep me posted!
Yes, frames are insanely expensive. Don't know what to tell you regarding that...
I love the Office too.
Love you!!! and yes, if you want a job in Hawaii, consider it done. When are you coming back??