02 February 2006

grammar

I swear, some people never attended elementary school. Or just aren't all there, or something. But it frustrates me. You know how some people get all uncomfortable and cringe-y when people grate their fingers on the chalkboard, or there is the sound of cutting glass? Well, I get like that when people say, "Yeah, they should of done that." Should of?!?!?! Are we in the first grade? No. We are in college, and should thus speak like we are in college. I think even when I was in first grade, I knew that "should've" was a combination of "should" and "have." Imbeciles. Honestly.

Oh, and also when my Dialogues Between Science and Religion professor gives us a handout about how our paper should be, and one section says, "There should be absolutely NO grammer or spelling errors." Like I'm going to take her seriously after that.

What is this world coming to?? Honestly people. Honestly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are about 5 grammar errors just in your post

galen said...

Umm, in case you haven't been reading my past million posts, I'm not claiming to be grammatically perfect. But at least I don't say 'should of.'